CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Third Day in 3rd Grade!

Today in third grade we went on a field trip to Bonneyville Mill.  I didn’t really know what to expect going into the field trip because I had never been or heard of the place we were going. On our field trip we wear able to see the process in which cornmeal was made, and we also went on a nature hike.  I would have to say that my favorite part was the nature hike.  We walked on trail through woods and saw different types of trees, animals, and learned the difference between some of the berries we were and weren’t able to eat.  At first I was kind of nervous about eating the berries, but I did try them because my students kept asking me too, and much to my surprise they were pretty good!  After we were finished with our tour of the mill and nature hike, we all sat outside under a big pavilion and ate lunch.  We were so blest that today was such a beautiful fall day! :) After lunch, the students were split up into groups of four and assigned to a adult.  We were sent on a scavenger hunt looking for different types of trees.  The students had to record what leaves looked like, draw pictures, and make leaf rubbings.  On the bus ride home I for sure thought the students would be exhausted because I sure knew I was, but since I haven’t been in 3rd grade for quite a while I forgot how much energy they had. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment