CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Second day in Third Grade!

Each day I am in 3rd grade I start to like it a little more. Unfortunately, the teacher I am suppose to be observing wasn’t there, but it turned out to be a good thing.  Since my teacher was attending a meeting about the new academic standards that are going to be taking place here in the next few years, I got the chance to teach some of the math and language arts lessons and read aloud to the students at the end of the day.  This semester I am required to teach 5 lessons to the class.  They can be one-on-one, small group, or whole class instruction.  It all depends on what our observing teacher wants us to do.  I hope I end up teaching 5 whole class lessons because as a future teacher this is what I will be doing the most of and I want to get all that I can out of this 3rd grade experience.  I am also excited to hear next Wednesday everything my teacher learned about the new academic standards. 



I would have to say the only thing I do not like is how students switch classrooms for different subjects.  I understand why they do, so that way they can divide the students into different group based on the level they are at and so each student can be challenged at the level they are at.  However, I feel like there is so much time wasted and that it is hard to get the students refocused again after the transition.  Throughout the day, the students have five different transitions.  If anyone else has been in a third grade or teach in third grade, I would love to know if the school your at switches for classes and if you felt the same way about how it is hard to get the students refocused again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment